Managing requires a constant evaluation of the landscape. The following action sequence defines a process to assist in the evaluation of the environment and appraising the situation and then using the other tools identified, maximizing success
Simply stated , your job is to:
- Recognize situations
- Separate and identify risks and threats
- Set Priorities
- Locate or define each as Problem Analysis, Decision Analysis, or Potential Problem Analysis
Situation Appraisal is addressed by answering these questions:
- How do you recognize situations of concern or opportunity?
- Do any of these situations require separation or breaking apart?
- What is their relative priority or sequence?
- Where in the Action Sequence do you start with each one?